Sunday, May 18, 2008

Opposites

The Amber of Africa is living in a totally opposite world from the Amber in the USA. Let's start with how I wake up and go to sleep. That would be with 7 other girls in a bunk packed room. Stark contrast from my rather large bedroom back home that sleeps just me. Here, immediately hit with people interaction. Home, well I'll just let my co-workers tell you what it's like to encounter me at the very beginning of the day (my profuse apologies and gratitude for your patience Wiz rehab department). Here, most of the time I leave here only if someone is leaving as well (though this is improving). Home, I leave whenever I want. Here, I love running on hills! Home, avoid hills at all cost. Here, dependent on others for going out and getting around, to go for a run and for what I eat. Home, eat and run whenever I want. Here, I must hide to have my quiet time. Home, I can go just about anywhere and find a place to get uninterrupted quiet (or alone time). I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH A CAT! Enough said.

2 comments:

being Kandice... said...

Fallen in love with a cat? Wow, talk about personal growth. Seriously though, I'm glad God is getting your attention through all the little things. I don't underestimate what these changes mean and I think it reveals a your willingness to let God shape you daily. Walk forward darling sister! Walk forward and may the love of God surround you!

Jannie said...

The old Amber is definitely being pushed aside to make room for changes.You are breaking out of your mold. Animals do have a way of making you fall in love with them. They can be very cathartic and you always wanted a pet! Continue in refinement. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love You!