Thursday, April 3, 2008

Arriving

Things I love about travelling:
1)Empty seats next to you on the plane to stretch out and sleep.
2)Tylenol PM
3)Enough movies to watch to last you 3 plane trips from D.C. to Jo-burg
4)Meeting new people.
5)Weather that's more amazing and beautiful than where you left (let's just say sunny, no clouds in the skies and 70s for temps...sorry Indy people)

Things I fear:
1)Not being able to communicate clearly enough to those you need help from.
2)Beating your luggage to your destination.

Yep, I'm currently living off of the things in my carry-on which is not a lot. Luckily I'm in an area where I can buy anything I need but I hate the thought of having to buy things I know I already own. It's things like this that teach me how to handle the inconveniences of life. There's a good chance there will be a lot of those in the coming days and weeks so I guess it's good to learn early on how to handle them. I'm hoping for a new handle on this by the time I return to Indy.

Tomorrow I will be at World Changers, which is where I'll be staying over the next 5 months. I look forward to getting acquainted with my surroundings and the people I'll be sharing life with. Stay tuned for more updates...

2 comments:

carol said...

I look forward to hearing all the details of your wonderful journey!

Jannie said...

Traveling sure involves lots of learning experiences-not always enjoyable, but memorable. I'm so glad you had a safe trip and I know you will have many wonderful memories of your stay in South Africa. Can't wait to get pictures to use in your scrapbook page! I look forward to reading more blogs and maybe even contacting you with Skype.